Bishop, P. C., & Hines, A. (2012). Teaching about the future.
Clarke, R. A., & Eddy, R. P. (2017). Warnings: Finding Cassandras to stop catastrophes.
Ralston, B., & Wilson, I. (2006). The scenario-planning handbook: A practitioner's guide to developing and using scenarios to direct strategy in today's uncertain times.
Silver, Nate. (2012). The signal and the noise: Why so many predictions fail - but some don't.
Tetlock, P. E., & Gardner, D. (2015). Superforecasting: The art and science of prediction.
Recommendations from Center for the Future of Libraries.
Agencies / Groups
- If Colleges Are Dismantled, Consider the Impact on Their Cities
- What is the Future of College Marketing?
- WSJ "Rise of Experiential Retail" podcast
- Why Experiential is the Future of Retail
- The Future of Retail is Stores That Aren't Stores
- What This Social Media Sensation Says...
- The State of Experiential Retail in Five Charts
How Will Driverless Cars Impact My Audiobook Circ?” And Other Questions You’ll Ask Once You Start Forecasting Ilinois Library Association Annual Conference, 2017